Life Insurance Audit
Many agree that life insurance is supremely important to individuals, families, and businesses, but did you know all the methods in which life insurance can support you? Life insurance can create an estate, pay death taxes and other estate settlement costs, fund a business transfer, pay off a home mortgage, protect a business from the loss of a key employee, pay off loans, equalize inheritances, but can also supplement retirement plans and be used as a supplement for college funds for grandchildren.
Our business can help you determine the importance of life insurance to your business plan, as well as who will be the policy owner, how much life insurance you will need, how the premium should be paid, whether a corporation will assist in paying said premiums, and, ultimately, what kind of life insurance policy to purchase.
Additionally, we can help you develop or review your life insurance policies. Whether your current coverage effectively or ineffectively meets your goals, there are a multitude of reasons to consider a policy review, which will include a death benefit analysis, as well as examine annual premiums, ownership structure, and beneficiary designation.
In recent years, the cost of life insurance has decreased, individuals are able to purchase more coverage for less. When considering a policy review of your insurance, it is important to ask the following questions:
- Do you own life insurance, if so how much?
- What type of life insurance is it?
- Why did you purchase it?
- Are you certain that it is still doing what you want it to do?
- Where do I buy a policy?
- How can I upgrade my current policy?
- How can I determine my life insurance needs?
- Does my policy provide living benefits?
- What if my health changes?
- What’s covered if I become disabled?
- Will the death benefit adjust for inflation?
- What happens if I can’t pay the premium?